Basic Hummus Recipe +
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
Place the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy your hummus!
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the hummus and sprinkle with a pinch of paprika and a teaspoon of minced fresh parsley.
- Try spicing up the hummus by adding ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, ½ to 1 teaspoon ground cumin, and ½ to 1 teaspoon ground coriander.
- Roasted red peppers or kalamata olives make yummy add-ins or garnishes.
- We find it easier to make in the food processor.
- Sometimes we use jarred minced garlic and/or Real Lemon juice. Not quite as good as fresh, but still yummy.
- Add a little olive oil while blending if the hummus starts to thicken too much.
- We eat hummus with pita chips, pita bread, crudités, warm tortillas, tortilla chips, etc. Blue corn tortilla chips go very nicely with this dip.