Here is my Wish “I Will” List for 2011, a list of personal goals through which I hope to grow just a little closer into becoming the woman God wants me to be, a list that I will revisit and revise as often as needed. (If you want the short version, skip to the end.)
This year, I will:
- celebrate often.
- actively seek balance and integration in my life.
- strive to do only one thing at a time.
- support and encourage my husband in his work, interests, and pursuits.
- NOT rush unless it is absolutely imperative that I do so.
- infuse my environment with beautiful music.
- love, listen, smile, sleep, relax, pray, and move my body…MORE.
- eat more vegetables.
- PRACTICE kindness, gratitude, patience, forgiveness, and optimism.
- refrain from complaints, gossip, self-concern, and anger.
- ask for help when I need help.
- NOT let anyone or anything steal my joy.
- drink more water and green tea.
- CULTIVATE peace, joy, and well-being for me and my family.
- nurture creativity.
- create opportunities for learning, wonder, adventure, play, and leisure for me and my family.
- shake my groove thing.
- improve stewardship of the time, talent, and treasure with which God has blessed me.
- trade fear and despair for faith and hope.
- set a good example for my children.
- let my little light shine.
- stop apologizing for the snort in my laugh.
- NOT purchase or read beauty or fashion magazines.
- care for creation by reducing, reusing, and recycling.
- be PRESENT in each moment, for each moment is my life, and I do not wish to squander it.
A tall order no doubt, but one that can be summed up thusly: This year, I will make BETTER CHOICES.
What’s on your Wish “I Will” list for 2011?
Happy New Year, y’all! May your needs be met, your wants few and rightly ordered, your families blessed with health, happiness, and wholeness, and God be glorified in all you do (or don’t do). Amen!